- BFAR extends aid to fisherfolk in Nueva Ecija (8/8/2020) - CITY OF SAN FERNANDO, Pampanga – The Bureau of Fisheries and Aquatic Resources (BFAR) 3 (Central Luzon) has provided assistance to some fisherfolk in Pantabangan, Nueva Ecija.
BFAR-3 Director Wilfredo Cruz and BFAR Assistant Director for Operation . . .
- Pantabangan cloud seeding plan okayed (8/6/2020) - Cabanatuan City—Top officials of the National Irrigation Administration are planning a cloud seeding operation to remedy the critical level of Pantabangan Dam and in the absence of monsoon rains to boost its water reserve.
As of Wednesday, the wat . . .
- An old submerged town reappears during a drought in the Philippines (8/3/2020) - A 300-year-old town in the Philippines that was submerged to build a dam in the 1970s is visible again after drought caused the water to recede.
The once-bustling Old Pantabangan town in Nueva Ecija province has not been seen for almost half-a-centu . . .
- NIA pushes cloud seeding at Pantabangan Dam (7/30/2020) - The National Irrigation Administration (NIA) is hoping to immediately conduct cloud seeding operations over Pantabangan Dam in Nueva Ecija noting water level there is now “very low” at 176.14 meters.
NIA-Upper Pampanga River Integrated Irrigatio . . . 2019
- Post-quake assessment shows Nueva Ecija dams safe (4/29/2019) - CABANATUAN CITY, Nueva Ecija -- The National Irrigation Administration-Upper Pampanga River Integrated Irrigation System (NIA-UPRIIS) on Tuesday declared as safe all dams in this province, including the mammoth Pantabangan Dam.
Rose Bote, division m . . .
- Pantabangan Dam water shortage unlikely despite El Nino (4/15/2019) - MANILA -- The Pantabangan Dam can irrigate its service areas in Central Luzon even until June when the drought-driving El Niño ends due to enough water reserve, a hydrologist said Thursday.
The dam's water level is still far from the critical low o . . .
- DepEd lauds Nueva Ecija principal for championing environmental sustainability (4/14/2019) - The Department of Education (DepEd) commended the efforts of a principal in Nueva Ecija for championing environmental sustainability.
DepEd lauded Antonio "Andrew" Cudal Tolentino, a Principal I of Cambitala Elementary School in Pantabangan, Nueva E . . . 2018
- Nueva Ecija holds 1st Costume Festival to showcase province`s culture (10/1/2018) - CABANATUAN CITY, Nueva Ecija -- Young women from Nueva Ecija's nine towns and one city showed their respective localities' culture on Sunday by donning uniquely designed costumes, specifically, long gowns made of local materials and enhanced by elabo . . .
- Aeta families benefit from NFA`s 'Tagpuan` rice program (7/11/2018) - PANTABANGAN, Nueva Ecija -- Indigenous peoples (IPs) living in remote barangays here now have easy access to cheap rice from the National Food Authority (NFA).
The NFA launched Tuesday the first “Tagpuan – Rice Response Delivery” program in th . . . 2017
- PHL to host 2017 international irrigation summit (5/31/2017) - CABANATUAN CITY, Nueva Ecija, May 31-- An international organization of irrigation officials has set its annual conference that will be highlighted by visits to various systems in the Philippines in November, a ranking official said on Wednesday.
En . . .